> Attention!

We strongly recommend to readRules section "Android - firmware"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 - Unofficial Firmware (OS 4.4.x)
Firmware test number 2
Omega Omega Files
Like [ 146 ] ** [28,19%]
I do not like [ 61 ] ** [11,78%]
Did not set [ 311 ] ** [60,04%]
GOLDFINGER
Like [ 82 ] ** [15,83%]
I do not like [ 43 ] ** [8,3%]
Did not set [ 393 ] ** [75,87%]
GOLDENEYE
Like [ 78 ] ** [15,06%]
I do not like [ 44 ] ** [8,49%]
Did not set [ 396 ] ** [76,45%]
[ROM] гЂђ5.0.1гЂ‘ Google Play Edition гЂђJFLTE-GPEгЂ‘
Like [ 97 ] ** [18,73%]
I do not like [ 53 ] ** [10,23%]
Did not set [ 270 ] ** [52,12%]
I still do not understand [ 98 ] ** [18,92%]
GE-repack-ND / CM-repack-ND
Like [ 64 ] ** [12,36%]
I do not like [ 38 ] ** [7,34%]
Did not set [ 311 ] ** [60,04%]
I still do not understand [ 105 ] ** [20,27%]
Total votes: 518

Rep: (1755)
Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 - Unofficial Firmware (OS 4.4.x)
PictureGT-I9505
Description | Discussion I9505 and I9515 пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Power consumption (autonomy) пїЅ | Unofficial firmware (OS 5.X.X / 6.X.X) пїЅ| Custom firmwareпїЅ | Official firmware (OS 4.2.2 / 4.3) пїЅ|Official firmware (OS 4.4.2) пїЅ| Cyanogenmod пїЅ|MIUI пїЅ|Firmwarecarrier versionsSamsung Galaxy S IV |Modification of software and decorations пїЅ | Camera talk пїЅ | Marriage пїЅ | 4G (LTE) Tuning Tips пїЅ | i9500 vs. i9505 пїЅ | Perezalete! пїЅOfficial firmware (OS 5.X.X)

Please, before asking your question: read the rules of the topic, read the instructions, useful, as well as the FAQ.
After that, not finding the answer to your question, write to the topic.

Drivers and Utilities
Modified firmware
Before starting a firmware change, it is recommended to backup EFS.

Options for custom firmware.
1. CyanogenMod firmware (or CM for short)

CyanogenMod is pure Android without adding chips from the manufacturer, a huge team of people are working on creating the basis of these firmware. According to statistics all over the world, more than 4.8 million phones cost exactly CM firmware. CM firmware is usually focused on reliability and performance. You can read more
Here.
Video review.

2. Firmware based on stock.

The point of creating such firmware in increasing the performance of phones while retaining all the manufacturer's chips. And again, you get the opportunity to choose which software from the manufacturer to keep and which to remove. As a rule, only such firmware appears in the first months after the phone enters the market.
3. MIUI firmware.

MIUI is a highly modified android, sometimes reminiscent of iOS. Most of the MIUI firmware is based on CyanogenMod and is released almost immediately after the official release of it. The main task of MIUI is to simplify the management of the phone and at the same time add to the interface of beauty and the ability to change the appearance in the root. You can read moreHere. Video review.
4. Android Open Kang Project (or AOKP)

AOKP firmware is very similar to CM, however, it is considered that AOKP has more settings that change the phone's interface and some functionality. The AOKP development team is much smaller than the CM, but it often happens that a group of like-minded people gather to support the popular AOKP device with the AOKP firmware.
5. Android Open Source Project (or AOSP)

By and large, AOSP is a bare android. The way it is released by Google, most often in such firmware minimal interface changes. Often, the creators of the firmware indicate in the name of their firmware "based on AOSP", that is, at the heart of the firmware is a naked Android.

TW - xda-developers

LineageOS

GPE - xda-developers

AOSP - xda-developers

www.savagemessiahzine.com

[ROM] гЂђ5.0.1гЂ‘ Google Play Edition гЂђJFLTE-GPEгЂ‘
Overview of firmware and recommendations
Kernels
Modems
Recovery
Bootloader
    Bootloader downgrade is not possible! If you have an old Bootloader, then it is better not to update it without having to, if you don’t want to know what is [knox] (in each custom firmware it is indicated which bottle is needed)!
    Installation via Odin, Insert the * .tar file in the BOOTLOADER field
  • XXUGNG8 [knox ]
    theme with all bootloader
Instructions
Utility

FAQ - Read before asking a question.
For partly compiling the FAQ, thanks Mean122 !, Sunrise23

[FAQ
]- How to enable developer mode?
- In the settings you need to tap several times on the line with the firmware build number.

- After the update, the phone began to slow down. What to do?
- Make a complete reset of the device (wipe). To do this, go to "Settings" - "Backup and reset" and tap on Reset data.
Or use Recovery and reset it. It is necessary to fulfill both items with the word wipe in the name. These actions are identical, the only difference is where the command is given from.

- Missing the ability to disable lockscreen or unlock with a swipe, you can only password, pin, drawing or fingerprint. How to return?
- If you connected VPN or encryption - an unsecured blocking is not available, remove the VPN and disable encryption of the device and the memory card. If this does not help or is not active, then do so: "Settings - Security - Delete certificates of the store."

- WiFi is always active. How to disable?
- "Settings" - "Wi-Fi" - press "Menu" - "Advanced" - Uncheck "Always allow search"

- High energy consumption of the process "Media Server". What to do?
- There is an indexing of media content. This happens when copying large volumes of media files to the phone. Will index and calm down. It is also possible that there is a broken file in the memory of the device or the memory card, because of which the scanning process can “loop”.

- When answering a voice call, the microphone is turned on with a delay, the interlocutor does not hear me for 1-2 seconds. How to fix it?
- There is no solution and the reason is also unknown. On some firmware and on different mobile operators, this problem may be absent. As soon as a decision appears, it will be published without fail.

- How to hide extra photos from the gallery if I don’t want to delete them and show them to strangers?
- It is necessary to create an empty file with the name .nomedia in the folder with these photos and they will no longer appear in the gallery, but remain on the device.
You can hide a folder simply by putting a period at the beginning of its name. For example - .music.

Q: What is odex / deodex?
A:What is Odex and Deodex?

Q: Is it possible to make a "full-fledged" GT-I9505 from the GT-I9505G(Google Edition) with OTA updates?
A: No!

Q: Is it possible to put Super Saving Mode with Galaxy s5 on 9505?
A: Yes, you need to download this one.Maud (only works on 4.4.x TouchWiz firmware) or install a ready-made firmware with this mod.

Q: What is Kernel is not seandroid enforcing? (or recovery is not seandroid enforcing)
A: KERNEL (RECOVERY) IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING is an inscription-satellite of custom kernels (recovery). It is normal and should be.

Q: After installing custom firmware miracast does not work. What to do?
A: Firmware is not to blame. For miracast to work, you need to change the core to the stock and it will work.

Q: How to find out the version of the bootloader?
BUT:Answer(Old bottles are all up to XXUB, new ones start at XXUD.)

Q: How to switch to "Only 2G / 3G / 4G (LTE)" mode
BUT:Look here.

Q: Connection / internet / wi-fi disappears after installing custom firmware (TouchWiz) how to fix?
A: Need to re-flashmodem

Q: How to make the phone visible as a flash drive, not an MTP device?
A: Need to install this.the program(Looking for Root rights).

Q: Are there any root-rights in the SlimRom firmware
A: Yes, there is. Read morehere.

Q: Why are there no third-party firmware in the header?
A: The answer can be readhere.

Q: What is the most stable firmware? Energy saving? Productive?
A: The answer can be readhere.

About Android firmware in general
Q: Give the dictionary so that you can understand the "language of the flasher"
A: Below is a list of the most frequently used terms of the "flasher".
Terms broker
Backup(backup): backup necessary files before flashing.

Busybox(buzibox): is a set of console utilities for Linux systems. Essentially needed by programs that require root-rights for proper functioning.

Custom(custom): modification, change (custom firmware, custom recovery).
CWM(ClockworkMod recovery): custom recovery. Used for flashing custom firmware, formatting, backup.

Deodex(deodex): system files .apk along with themselves have a “load” file with the same name and extension .odex. With their help, presumably you can save some space. Deodexing means that you convert this .odex to .dex (the same file stored inside .apk) and put it back into .apk. This allows us to freely replace system applications without worrying about cokexes, but the main cause of deodexing was to do such an operation with the services.jar file, thanks to which you can change the colors of all texts (for example, the color of the clock from white to black, etc.) , and to deodex services.jar, you need to deodex all system .apk-shki. The craftsmen removed the .ODEX files from the firmware, writing the information contained in them into the APK files, thereby reducing the size of the firmware and most importantly - now the APK files themselves can be changed as you like, this does not affect the system’s work in a fatal way. This is called deodexing.
This is good - in the deodexed firmware, you can easily open the APK file with the archiver, change the resources in it (pictures, etc.) and return the changed file to a place in the firmware.

Downgrade(downgrade, rollback): lowering the firmware, that is, rolling back from a newer version to an older one.

Full wipe(formatting, full wipe): made from custom recovery: mounts and storage ->format / cache, / system, / data, / preload, / sdcard; advanced ->wipe dalvik cache, wipe battery status. This will clear the cache, the contents of the internal memory, battery statistics, the system will be deleted.

Nandroid backup: full system backup with the ability to recover from any state. How to do it: go to custom recovery ->backup and restore ->backup (backup will be saved to internal memory) or backup to external sdcard (backup will be saved to a memory card). To restore from backup, select restore.

Recovery(recovery): boot mode (similar to BIOS on BB). How to enter: turn off the phone, hold the volume button down + the home button + the power button. After the Galaxy s IV logo, you must get into the recovery. From the recovery, only custom firmwares are flashed (in * .zip format)

Root(root): administrator account. What is it for:
- Full control over your system
- Allows you to change system files
- Run special applications that require more control over the system
- System backup
- Allows you to move the cache (browser / maps / Market'a / games) to the SD card.
- When you rotate the device, you lose the warranty!
Wipe(wipe): reset to factory settings. It is made from recovery: wipe data / factory reset and wipe cache partition.

XDA- XDA developers, portal and forum on mobile devices, firmware for them, beauties, etc. Most information and different utilities are written by its members.

Zip- ZIP format; It usually distributes custom firmware or patches, applications, etc;

BB(Big Brother) - Ordinary stationary computer or laptop.

Cwm package- ZIP file intended for installation through recovery, for example, firmware, firmware update, kernel, theme, percentage battery, etc.

Dalvik-cache- Cache .dex files folder with davik cache (virtual machine in which all programs work).

Q: I have never flashed android phones before, what should I do?
A: The firmware of the phone procedure is not very complicated, but it requires direct hands, attentiveness and a bit of free time. First of all, it is better to study the topic header, FAQ and all sorts of instructions. After you understand most of the process, you can begin to flash. Find about two hours of free time and step-by-step following the instructions, start to flash. Good luck.

Q: I have a phone with 32/64 GB of internal memory, can I flash firmware for phones with 16?
A: The amount of internal memory does not affect the firmware process, the main thing is to make sure that you haveI9505 and not other modifications of this phone.

Q: What are custom firmware and what are they for?
A: Custom firmware come in different types. But the main difference from stock is that you yourself decide what to be in the firmware and what can be removed / blocked. Below I will describe the options for firmware.
Custom firmware options

1. CyanogenMod firmware (or CM for short)
CyanogenMod is pure Android without adding chips from the manufacturer, a huge team of people are working on creating the basis of these firmware. According to statistics all over the world, more than 4.8 million phones cost exactly CM firmware. CM firmware is usually focused on reliability and performance. You can read moreHERE. Video review.

2. Firmware based on stock.
The point of creating such firmware in increasing the performance of phones while retaining all the manufacturer's chips. And again, you get the opportunity to choose which software from the manufacturer to keep and which to remove. As a rule, only such firmware appears in the first months after the phone enters the market.

3. MIUI firmware.
MIUI is a highly modified android, sometimes reminiscent of iOS. Most of the MIUI firmware is based on CyanogenMod and is released almost immediately after the official release of it. The main task of MIUI is to simplify the management of the phone and at the same time add to the interface of beauty and the ability to change the appearance in the root. You can read moreHERE. Video review.

4. Android Open Kang Project (or AOKP)
AOKP firmware is very similar to CM, however, it is considered that AOKP has more settings that change the phone's interface and some functionality. The AOKP development team is much smaller than the CM, but it often happens that a group of like-minded people gather to support the popular AOKP device with the AOKP firmware.

5. Android Open Source Project (or AOSP)
By and large, AOSP is a bare android. The way it is released by Google, most often in such firmware minimal interface changes. Often, the creators of the firmware indicate in the name of their firmware "based on AOSP", that is, at the heart of the firmware is a naked Android.

Q: What to do after installing the firmware, the phone does not start / starts with an error / the declared functionality does not work / there are strong hangs / does the device get warm?
A: Do not rush to create a message on the forum, it is better to implement a couple of recommendations before that.
Recommendations for identifying the cause of the problem
Start with the first item and if it did not give you the answer go to the next one.
1. Use the search for similar problems with members of the forum.How to use search
2. Try to repeat the firmware process. (it is desirable to perform a "clean firmware")
3. Download the firmware from another resource and repeat the process of "clean firmware".
4. Create a message on the forum with a detailed description of the actions taken, the name and version of the firmware and a detailed description of the problem.

Q: I do not install USB drivers for the phone. Winwos 8 is installed on the PC and gives an error about unsigned certificates.
A: On Windows 8, installing a driver without a digital signature is a bit more complicated than on Win7.
Instructions for installing drivers on Win8 (need to raise in the header)
Instructions to disable driver signature verification in Windows 8 permanently. The main

Run the command line "cmd "(Win + R ->cmd)
Next, enter the command, a new line = enter (Enter key)

Permanently disable driver signature verification.
bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

After that, it is advisable to restart the PC.

To return back (verification of the signature is included)
bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF

Second option, spare.
Run the command line "cmd "(Win + R ->cmd)
shutdown.exe / r / o / f / t 00

After restarting your computer, proceed to the points below.

Diagnostics - Advanced Options - Download Options - F7

Q: What firmware is the most stable, holds the charge longer, heats up less?
A: It all depends on the manner of using the phone, no one will give you a specific answer to these questions. Look in the signatures of the forum long-livers, or try to test the firmware yourself for 2-3 days.

Q: What is the correct sequence of installing the firmware.
A: There are several options for firmware, more about them below.
How to install the firmware
Clean install
It implies a complete reset of all information in your phone.

1. Wipe Factory Reset
2. Wipe cache
3. Wipe Dalvik Cache
5. Wipe system
6. Wipe Data
7. install .zip from SD ->installing firmware

Or, if you have Recovery Philz installed, then select Wipe data / Factory Reset, then Clean to install a new rom and confirm our choice.

Firmware update / installation modifications.
When switching from one firmware to another without changing the version of Android (4.2 ->4.2) or installing individual firmware components (modifications) is enough to reset the cache files.

1. Wipe Cache
2. Wipe Dalvik Cache

Q: What is a custom kernel and what is it for?
A: There are only two types of cores, this is stock and custom, the differences below.
Stock and custom kernels
Stock core.
This is the core that has been optimized by the manufacturer for this device.
And blocked for intervention.

Custom kernel
Basically they use newer Linux.
And gives us some advantages over the stock core.
For example:
-Change processor frequency over a wide range;
- Overclocking graphics subsystem (GPU);
- Reducing the frequency and voltage of the processor, which allows for a longer battery life;
- More fresh and quality drivers,
-A wide possibilities for setting and configuring the sound and color of the screen;
-Support for alternative file systems.

Q: Which firmware components can be removed from the system and which ones are not? And what is it for?
A: There is a greatDIRECTORYon all Android components with a description and a deletion hazard table. You can search by Ctrl + F.

What firmware is the most stable, holds the charge longer, heats up less?
It all depends on the manner of using the phone, nobody will give you a specific answer to these questions. Look in the signatures of the forum long-livers, or try to test the firmware yourself for 2-3 days.
Why, with the same phones, the same firmware, bugs, and others. Everyone has different problems?
The best firmware according to the members of the forum

K
There is no curator in the subject. If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates
he can apply in the subjectI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).
Prior to the appointment of the curator, on filling caps, please contactmoderatorssection through a buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedsnekt - 10.10.18, 23:00
Reason for editing: editing

Rep: (12)
H.djembey With xda presented a firmware with root for Germany.
Free Translation:
- single-file firmware for firmware using Odina
- can be used on any I9505 device
- no modified kernel required
- firmware counterNOT ticking
- device status remainsOFFICIAL
- KIES and OTA updates work (ATTENTION , the root will be lost after the update)

Source link

What we have:
Product Code: GT-I9505ZWADBT (4.2.2) (DBT - Germany)
PDA: XXUAMDE
PHONE: XXUAMDE
CSC: OXAAMDE
Build Date: 04/12/2013
Changelist: 431985

Hotfile
Yandex.Disk
Archive password: djembey2013

P.S. I have nothing to check myself, the device has not yet been sent.
Who will try to accomplish your goal.

Rep: (31)
Good evening, help solve the problem. I bought c4 i9505 16GB I also bought sd micro 64gm how to transfer games to a memory card, did the root did not help, thanks

Directory bind

Rep: (-4)
Good evening, help solve the problem. I bought c4 i9505 16GB I also bought sd micro 64gm how to transfer games to a memory card, did the root did not help, thanks

here is a detailed how to dohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bleeYF0qmk0

Rep: (794)
spbprof
I still do not have an apparatus (in 3 days it will only be), but on others it worked:
/ system / bin / setprop sys.usb.config mass_storage, adb
/ system / bin / setprop persist.sys.usb.config mass_storage, adb
/ system / bin / setprop sys.usb.state mass_storage, adb

in the terminal or a script and then reboot. need root Without a root in any way you will not switch anything.

Rep: (0)
WakeUp @ 05/06/2013, 14:51*
in a terminal or a script and then reboot

Thank you very much (for admins: sent reputations to the reputation and sent a letter with gratitude), found the way, with the help of which is it better to open and edit? Or is it better somehow through the computer?

Spbprof @ 6.5.2013, 13:49*
Thank you very much (for admins: sent reputations to the reputation and sent a letter with gratitude), found the way, with the help of which is it better to open and edit? Or is it better somehow through the computer?

I need a root, without it nothing happens. You go to the market, looking for a terminal emulator.
You put and run. You write: su
A query will pop up for root rights. Allow. Then copy to the terminal lines that I gave one by one. After each press enter.

WakeUp @ 05/06/2013, 16:08*
I need a root, without it nothing happens. You go to the market, looking for a terminal emulator.
You put and run. You write: su
A query will pop up for root rights. Allow. Then copy to the terminal lines that I gave one by one. After each press enter.

I did everything, root is there and was given to the terminal, something does not want ((
I also post the error that SGS3 gives
Attached Image
Attached Image

Posted 05/06/2013 15:50:

Nevertheless, thank you, if there is something interesting to solve the problem, I will be very grateful))

Post has been editedK-User - 06.05.13, 16:19

spbprof
just try
setprop sys.usb.config mass_storage, adb

without / system / bin what will write?

and if it fails, then another option:
/ system / bin / toolbox setprop sys.usb.config mass_storage, adb

Post has been editedWakeup - 06.05.13, 15:58

WakeUp @ 05/06/2013, 16:51*
without / system / bin what will write?

The same parsley (((

spbprof
More option through build.prop
Register the line at the very bottom of the /system/build.prop file:
persist.sys.usb.config = mass_storage, adb

and reboot

or in the terminal:
echo "persist.sys.usb.config = mass_storage, adb" >> /system/build.prop

WakeUp @ 05/06/2013, 16:51*
and if it fails, then another option:
Code
/ system / bin / toolbox setprop sys.usb.config mass_storage, adb

The same did not work (through the explorer I find the file "setprop" on the path / system / bin /, physically it is there ...

The same did not work (through the explorer I find the file "setprop" on the path / system / bin /, physically it is there ...

then the setprop command was removed from it. try through build.prop (see above)

Rep: (1)
Serega1983 @ 30.4.2013, 23:18*

Try to install the program dictory band everything is intuitive.

fguparc
crecoveryno problem. with the root is not so sunny. basically put the core of the kettle (there is a topic). It grieves that it is already outdated, but there is no root on the new one. I recommend to put:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2250824- Extreme firmware, already rutovannaya and then you can change to this core:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2273437(there is no exfat support, if you need it, you will have to be satisfied with the stock that comes with the firmware.)

Post has been editedWakeup - 14.05.13, 17:19

Mod for stock firmwareodex XXUAME2:
extended reboot menu,
call recording,
Disable automatic SMS to mms conversion.
Attached fileME2_mods.zip(20.47 MB)

Rep: (60)
I turned to the respected Poppuri (leading romodel from topic 9500) with a request to make a mod dialer for 9505:
What is planned:
- the record button is not automatic
- Name and number of the subscriber in the middle in several lines
- The time is shifted down and in the center of the screen
- The word record without a circle in the center below
- Record now with recording time
- Equalizer shifted down to noise level
- Removed debility translucent stripes
- Removed delay after call
- removed the rising bell

How will lookExample

They promised to help, so we are waiting.

There is also a custom XXUAME2Omega 3.0
Put from the recovery, description and everything you need is on the link. Deodox, Root, recovery, superuser - stand. There is a Russian, LTE with a megaphone, there are icons and menus available, a battery mod, a shutdown menu mod, a recording dialer mode, and more.
Need a hat to lift.

Post has been editedfguparc - 16.05.13, 22:43

Rep: (160)
I turned to the respected Poppuri (leading romodel from topic 9500) with a request to make a mod dialer for 9505:

made a topic. write hereModification of software and decorations for Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV
There is also a custom XXUAME2 Omega 3.0

it would be good if the instruction is in Russian

Great news, a smart recovery appeared for us (as long as there are flaws, but the phyles will fix them)
download
original theme

Rep: (60)
Aktai @ 05/17/2013, 07:55*
it would be good if the instruction is in Russian

I do not own the translation, but even I understand that in the indicated post in the Installation section everything is:
Installation:
Installation Instructions:

1. Download Stock I9505XXUAME2 install through odin, download the firmware.

2. After installation, check stock XXUAME2,
work wifi- LTE (if your provider supports LTE).

3. Download and install TWRP Recovery via odin (I can add another one myself)

4. Go to TWRP Recovery and install Omega Rom,
Do not do WIPE (FORMAT) SYSTEM FROM RECOVERY - and DO NOT WIPE (FORMAT) SYSTEM FROM RECOVERY

At one's own risk!

Approximately as I could.

On the firmware from the header: Something with this firmware on the link I9505XXUAME2-KNOX-FREE-DEODEXED-SLIM, if the root explorer (ES Explorer) is given the right to replace files in the sistem, then 9505 just goes into reboot.
Keep in mind. I tried 3 times from scratch returning to the drain, while I sit on Omega 3.0 while the flight is normal.

Post has been editedloza - 22.05.13, 17:13

Rep: (6)
The people, I'm sorry for the possibly stupid question, but on the I-9505, how can you thread a Sence with HTC as a thread ???

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 29.06.19, 05:55